Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Architects need / wants good quality image - 3D View

Hi I can't describe how important for Architects is get GOOD and FAST image / preview or illustration without using render software / render / exporting to another software .

- I wish to have possibility to save 3D view in Good kvality (300DPI) for 4k Monitor 

Skärmavbild 2022-05-19 kl. 10.22.21.jpg

- I don't wanna have this image resolution on 2022. 

- I'm doing on daily base so many alternatives and so many changes and I need to show without rendering or exporting to another software

- I think everyone will be so happy for this option. 👍

● Right now I have to do screenshot from 3D view and put in drawings layout because quality is much better to take Screen shot from 3D View ( This is real pain to do all the time ! ) And doit again and again with any new change.

Skärmavbild 2022-05-16 kl. 14.57.01.jpg

What is this quality ? I can  see how bad is raster of this image 😞 Skärmavbild 2022-05-16 kl. 14.57.14.jpg 

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
17 REPLIES 17
martinij
Booster

I think you can do a little workaround by right clicking in the 3D window and selecting "set window size". Then you can choose the size you want and "save as" a raster image. Or you can save the view and use the publisher.

The Norwegian Archicad dealer has a article about it in norwegian if you whant to have a look.

https://support.Graphisoft.no/hc/no/articles/4407710189970-H%C3%B8yere-oppl%C3%B8sning-p%C3%A5-3D-vi...

Martin Isak Jansen
(I'm the one everyone at my company asks the tech questions)
www.artec.no
Petar
Booster

Also, I think the quality of shading in 3d view has to be improved asap. It is hardly acceptable to have 3d view without any shading gradient, ambient occlusion, or any other 3d effect which would make 3d view more "understandable" 

There were time when two different surfaces with same color looks the same although there is space between them, only because of flat shading of 3d view

I tried this and this is not working at least for MAC. 😕

Otherwise this solution is so strange and annoying too because you have to dock the window after every time when you changed proportion.

Wish some solution where can I just write quality for 3D view (dpi)

AC 7 - 27 SWE

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

only perspective view not ortho view

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10

Why dont you use twinmotion? The quality you can get in real time is amazing

Because it Need export -> render -> place on the drawings
and it can do just one alternativ in same-time.

My question / wish is not about illustration is about to have possibility to show 3D model in good and fast quality

AC 7 - 27 SWE

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Until your wishes come true some other options:

• make a 3D document instead. This will jus update with any changes automatically, since it is directly linked to the model
  • a properly set up scene for cinerender can render at comparable quality of a screenshot in about a minute, given that you have decent hardware and efficient surfaces / model and don't go into unnecesarily high pixel count (anything 2300x1000 pixels will print fine on A4 and look fine on HD screens and small devices that clients use to look at your output)

It would be nice to just publish the internal engine directly to JPG format though.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
jshuether
Enthusiast

I recommend Enscape for real-time high quality renders. It works well with Archicad (and SketchUp and Revit).  I recommend also getting an NVIDIA RTX graphics card for large models with a higher amount of geometry. The increased quality and speed of the renders are well worth the price of the RTX cards.

I did not like the Twinmotion interface or quality of its interior rendering.

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
Barry Kelly

You don't have to render with Cinerender (or Redshift if you have that option).

If you are happy with what you see in the 3D window, you can render with the Basic Renderer engine.

BarryKelly_0-1653010118629.png

You can adjust the image size and pixels per inch/cm.

You will probably still need to tweak some settings for brightness, etc., but you can save the scene.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11