Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Architectural Design Fundamental tools

Rakela Raul
Participant
in my humble opinion, you should focus on tools or enhancements that are fundamentals for architectural design only, and make sure that ac provides you with those, in full....in the arch design i would name walls, roofs, stairs, windows and the like: for this scenario i wd require from gs to give me a stair tool that is fully flexible so i could design freely, including usa hc codes for handrials, also i wd need a roof tool 100% perfect, for example i need an automatic creation of trusses to represent what the truss manufactures really do (please review shop dwgs) and when thats fulfill and only then, i wd go to production for example and i wd think it is fundamental to be able to copy+rotate+etc in elevation, section views, then, when i have all that, i wd tackle details/wishes/frustrations for the sons and daughters of my kids...and again, in my humble opinion.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
10 REPLIES 10
aahatimo
Newcomer
Rakela wrote:
in my humble opinion, you should focus on tools or enhancements that are fundamentals for architectural design only,
rakela,
could this be expanded to include 'and construction documentation' also? if so i agree.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx, i'm with you
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
one tool i forgot and it is part of architectural design fundamental, to me at least is 'footings' of course, and this tool seems forgotten
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rakela wrote:
one tool i forgot and it is part of architectural design fundamental, to me at least is 'footings' of course, and this tool seems forgotten
Footings are easily accomplished with walls or slabs (depending on one's preferences - I like slabs). I'm not convinced we need a separate tool for this. Is there something you need for footings that is not already available?

I can see a use for a simple add on that could place footings at the bottoms of selected foundation walls, but I'm noot sure it would really save me that much time.
Rakela Raul
Participant
you can also use profiler, and if you want to do it properly, read the handbook "Project FrameWork" for ac8.1....All of the above, including your solution is considered a 'workaround'.....not acceptable to me

footings support the whole structure above, deserve a little more attention and automation....at least, let me input the minimum dimensions required by building codes.

it is normal to get use to workarounds
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Karl Ottenstein
Matthew wrote:
I can see a use for a simple add on that could place footings at the bottoms of selected foundation walls, but I'm noot sure it would really save me that much time.
Here's an example from a limited market that is otherwise quite time-consuming: stepped footings on highly sloped lots. All of our projects are on steep, irregular terrain. We model the site mesh from survey data. It would be pretty cool if there was a way to specify the frost-free depth (generally 3'-0" here), stem wall/footing params, and step limits and have the stepped foundation built to follow terrain.

Hmm. Since ArchiTerra already does walls following terrain, maybe this is something Fabrizio would be interested in adding there...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Karl wrote:
Here's an example from a limited market that is otherwise quite time-consuming: stepped footings on highly sloped lots. All of our projects are on steep, irregular terrain. We model the site mesh from survey data. It would be pretty cool if there was a way to specify the frost-free depth (generally 3'-0" here), stem wall/footing params, and step limits and have the stepped foundation built to follow terrain.

Hmm. Since ArchiTerra already does walls following terrain, maybe this is something Fabrizio would be interested in adding there...
When I lived in FL, this was never a concern. In western NC most of our jobs are on steep, irregular terrain as well. That would be cool, indeed!

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Rakela Raul
Participant
whoever voted 'average' is saying that the fundamental architectural tools are not first priority in the software....that maybe, interface, rendering engine, icon colors, others; are more important.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
in the improved wish list still dont see anybody wanting a better stair tool,,,,i hope i missd it. 10/26/04
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD