Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Area Calculations and rounding

adamsb
Newcomer
Please let me know if I am missing something, but it seems that you cannot alter the number of decimals that you round area calculations to on an individual basis.

For example, I would like to have my project file continue to round area to .00 for my own knowledge and working, but have my area calculations in the zone tool round the the nearest 1.0. I don't want to have to lose my own ability to see a more precise area number just to get my area calculations to be cleaner on the published drawings.
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Calculation units can be controlled separately to working units and dimension units.
However calculation units are for the Interactive Schedules.

The zone tool uses zone stamps which are objects.
Depending on the zone stamp object you may be able to control the units and rounding in the parameters for it.
But that all depends on if it was scripted to allow this.
I don't know of any that allow this control but maybe something like the Master Script zone stamp that has been mentioned in these forums may allow it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
adamsb
Newcomer
Barry wrote:
Calculation units can be controlled separately to working units and dimension units.
However calculation units are for the Interactive Schedules.
Definitely, and that makes sense. I guess what I'd like to see is the ability to make calculation units adjustable on a case by case basis for different schedules. What if I want to round a schedule based on zones for one, and have a more precise number for a different schedule for window area? That kind of thing.
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem