BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Area Fills Text

Anonymous
Not applicable
2 simple wishes about the text for area fills.

1. When you turn off the text, and turn it back on again, could it please stay in its location?

2. When you select the text, could the associated fill also be selected? (Sometimes it's very hard to find the fill that goes with the text)
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Keith wrote:
2. When you select the text, could the associated fill also be selected? (Sometimes it's very hard to find the fill that goes with the text)
The problem with this request is that currently when just the text is selected, you can open its settings dialog box to alter the text and its attributes. Not sure how that would work with your request.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kind of like zones.

Click on a zone and you can edit the zone or move the label.

Shouldn't be that difficult!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just hit the problem again that gave rise to this wish.

I'm in a site layout with a large number of area fills representing different finishes, plot areas etc.

There's an area text which has become misplaced. I can select it, and move it, but I can't delete it. I have no way of determining where the fill is that it refers to - so I don't know where to put it.

The only thing I can do meantime is slide it off to the side and stick a big question mark over it.
Barry Kelly
Keith,
There is a button in the text settings that will allow you to "Revert to Automatic position".
This will send the text to the centre of the fill it belongs to.
Still doesn't tell you which fill it belongs to but it might help narrow it down.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, great!

Thanks, Barry
Learn and get certified!