Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Arrow Tool Mode Selection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could we have the facility to add a shortcut to the arrow tool 'mode' (items in the box only / items crossing the box)?

Currently we can select the arrow tool by a number of methods, but have to resort to multiple button clicks to get the right mode.
9 REPLIES 9
Djordje
Ace
Double ESC
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
Djordje, do you actually READ the posts before you comment?

He wants to change between "All in" and "Partially in" selection modes within the Arrow Tool.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
We have the ability to 'Switch Geometry Methods' using the G key. The Work Environment dialog should also offer us a keyboard shortcut to 'Switch Selection Methods'.

An oldie but a goodie.

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
Link wrote:
We have the ability to 'Switch Geometry Methods' using the G key. The Work Environment dialog should also offer us a keyboard shortcut to 'Switch Selection Methods'.

An oldie but a goodie.

Cheers,
Link.
Except that G does not change the selection method. "G" changes from Rectangle to Rotated Rectangle to Polygon.

You're right, the WE SHOULD let us make a short cut, but it it does not.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
TomWaltz wrote:

Except that G does not change the selection method. "G" changes from Rectangle to Rotated Rectangle to Polygon.

You're right, the WE SHOULD let us make a short cut, but it it does not.
Uh-oh - now who's not reading the posts?

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
Link wrote:
Uh-oh - now who's not reading the posts?
I thought you meant "should" in the context of "Open it up and you should see the option..." not "Yeah, that is really the way it should be, but it's not."
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
what we need - and it's been something that has been brought up over and over again - is the 'C' (construction method) toggle to be activated for both the arrow tool and the marquee tool selection methods.

whilst not a 'construction method' in the strict sense of its use in all of the other tools, it's not a great leap to see 'construction' as an 'arrangement' method for these tools.

'G' and 'C' - i would imagine that they are the first two single key shortcuts that users learn . . . it can't be too hard can it graphisoft? . . . although there's more chance of djordje and tom reading this than the guys in the red fortress . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes - I stopped short of saying that. Only because they'd need to change the tooltip and probably the help menu/reference guide from selection method to construction method, and I figured that'd just all be too much!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this shortcut/toggle possible in v.17?