Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Assign Solid Element Operations, slab/roof holes to renovation status

Assign boolean operations (solid element operations SEO) to renewal status (Especially when working with terrains)./Assign slab and roof holes to renewal status.

When we work on renovation projects, not everything classifies as new. That's when the possibility of working with the Archicad renovation status tool has given us many options that have optimised and helped our workflows.
However, unfortunately, this tool has its limitations.
For example, sometimes, when we open a hole in a slab to accommodate a new stair, it is impossible to assign the hole as a new element in the status renovation. At least in our workflow, we have to duplicate the entire slab as new to show the hole on the proposed plans and leave a version as existing. This problem is also repeated with roofs and especially as the terrain tool. Therefore, it would be handy when we start to make modifications to the terrain, slab or roof elements as part of the new proposal. Then, this modification could be assigned to renovation statuses.

Or, If at least the new opening tool were more flexible and could be applied to all the elements in Archicad (Terrain, Slab, Roof, etc.).
Additionally, it could have flexibility in its shape with vertical and horizontal angles, like the roofs or slabs with their edge angles. Therefore, this alternative also could solve most of the above issues.

I know it is a long shoot, but it is a wish, right?

4 REPLIES 4

Yes, the need for a new approach (that doesn't entail multiplication of actually unique elements) to handle change in AC is urgent and if made effective and intuitive I think it would be quite a unique selling proposition. Here is my wish for what such approach should look like. For what its worth - it has been acknowledged as entered to GS wish database.

DGSketcher
Legend

@Ian_Forbes_Architect I agree with your wish. On the stair opening, have you considered forming the stair opening in the "Existing" slab and adding back a matching piece of slab in the floor and tagging it as "Demolition"? 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
neilmcallister
Booster

Have you tried using the Opening tool?  It's not something I've used much before but just played about with it and you can use an opening set as New to cut a hole in a slab set as Existing.  This can then be seen in the demolition renovation filters.

It seems to work with terrain meshes as well.  You have to play about with the settings to make holes of fixed depth.  You can also change its appearance to change the symbol shown on plan.

Archicad 26 / Windows 11
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish into our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-12331)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer