Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Assign classifications to a label

gdford
Advisor
If labels could be assigned classifications then auto text could be used in the label to display the classification assigned to that label. Having done this classifications can be used as a single source for generating notes not related to an object. object
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
17 REPLIES 17
Barry Kelly
Or create a Property for finish and then associate that with your elements.

You can then set up a schedule to list the surfaces of your elements or the finish property, so you can see those that are "TBC".
Or you could set up a Graphich Override to find them and highlight (override) them in a bright colour or surface material so you can see them in the model and know that they don't yet have the correct finish.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Professor Pickle
Advocate
That's a pretty good idea for this particular use case. Thanks!
Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

Anonymous
Not applicable
This process of keynote does not work inside Details where Archicad explodes the objects creating 2d fills and lines. Does anyone have a solution that can work on details as well?
gdford
Advisor
What is "This process of Keynote"?
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I was writing my comment coming from a Revit background. With Revit it is possible to automate all labels which would be coming from a masterlist. This is what I called the keynote process. The Keynote Masterlist would enable you to update the list once and all drawings with labels using that list would be updated. Keynote is list/label dependent. On the other hand, Archicad has it object dependent where it is un-usable inside details.
gdford
Advisor
Yep - for some reason beyond understanding Graphisoft has never been concerned with Keynotes.
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
gdford wrote:
Yep - for some reason beyond understanding Graphisoft has never been concerned with Keynotes.
Just because there isn't a tool called "Keynotes" doesn't mean that you don't have them. Using the Property Manager, you can easily add keynotes. One of the early masters of this workflow wasTim Ball. Here's a YouTube video showing how he was doing it a few years ago.

Regarding how to use these in details (@a.nav), it helps to keep details "live" and just add 2D information where needed.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
gdford
Advisor
Yes we can devise many work arounds for Keynotes, but the backhanded intent of my keynotes comment was that it is about time archicad comes bundled with a world class keynote system that is fully integrated into the BIM. For large commercial projects in the US this is simply a "must have" feature. For small commercial projects there are many keynote hacks using properties and or classifications that one can devise that will work well up to a point. If this is good enough, or is seriously lacking, is a matter determined by the project and the client. In my experience many keynote hacks can work very well for small projects that do not really need keynotes, and all of the keynote hacks fall on their face in big projects where managing the hack becomes too much effort and gets too difficult to use. In my opinion the keynote solution should come from the cloud where all participants have access to them. Then the keynote in the cloud should be associated to objects in the model. Modeling software has no business maintaining the database for keynotes and specifications.
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000