Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Attribute Update Rules: Layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice to have the capability of controlling layers via "drawing selection settings" like we once did in plotmaker 9's "drawing settings" under attribute update rules.

We have pen and scale control under drawing selection settings (which is great) but not layer control. I'm currently on AC11 so I don't know if this feature has been added to the current version.
3 REPLIES 3
You have to understand term:"VIEW" in AC. - All You need is there - but You have to control Yourself to avoid "custom" or "user" setting in all possible choices under the view settings menu.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
You have to understand term:"VIEW" in AC. - All You need is there - but You have to control Yourself to avoid "custom" or "user" setting in all possible choices under the view settings menu.

Best Regards,
Piotr
@Piotr: Thanks for the comment. Obviously yes, controlling everything under View Settings is good practice and is something I take seriously. My point is, having to create a view with its own layer settings or even custom is overkill for a view that is being used very little if not only once or temporarily throughout the span of the project. So having the option to control layers via "drawing selection settings" can come very handy and speed up production in some cases.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Take the time to set up more views. It really isn't much and this is the solution. Even with layer control on drawings, you still want to save that view
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"