Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Augmented Reality in BIMx

Abraham Smith
Booster

Augmented Reality in BIMx, the idea is that the entire hypermodel and plans can be displayed on the site, and perhaps be able to locate it with a QR code in both directions (BIMx Model and real building/terrain). There is a Brazilian application that already does that with the IFC models, but without the plans, it is called Augin. And it also integrates BCF files.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-05-31 a la(s) 19.19.10.png
BIM Manager
6 REPLIES 6

You’re right and there’s also Gamma AR software is perfect for bringing the model to site directly in your iPad, sure we wish more advances for BIMx.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
ryejuan
Advisor

I hope the devs will give more attention with BIMx like next level app that can totally replace paper...

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
gavinNZz
Advocate

Sorry, I wouldn't hold your breath for any type of BIMx update around augmented/virtual reality. BIMx is so far behind other applications in this respect. The phone app still has an option for google cardboard! The world has moved far past this point when it comes to VR/AR. As mentioned by other posts there are a number of option out there through providers who understand the value of VR/AR and are willing to put the $ in to develop it properly. They will come at a cost but everything that's worth using has a cost. BIMx could actually be a great asset for AC but it is under developed due to the fact that GS think it is amazing already. At some point they will look out the window of their office and realize they have missed an entire decade of development.....but by then it will be too late.☹️

Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!
ryejuan
Advisor

In my opinion they should have tap with real time rendering engines potential where they can greatly improve BIMx in terms of rendering quality and information built in within the elements.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and opinions regarding this request!
I'm glad to say that this is an existing wish in our Wish list database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-3692)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.

Have a great day!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thank you @Minh Nguyen.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB