Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Auto Label Extended to other Objects as well as Zones

It would be great if the auto label functionality available with Zones could be extended to include other elements, particularly objects so as an object is placed an associative label can automatically be placed with it.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
2 REPLIES 2
scottjm
Expert

You can use the Label Selected Elements function Document>Annotation>Label Selected Elements. It will just use the your current label tool settings.  The recommended workflow is place one label on your object and configure it how you like, then eyedropper that label, select all the elements you wish to label (find and select can be a god send here) then use the Label Selected Elements tool.

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Yes, I use that all the time for labelling windows and doors on elevations. I am particularly looking to label objects as they are placed but I cold select them all and add the labels in one go but I would ideally like to double check the content as each one is placed.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)