i think there should be more optional features to automate the way drawings are placed in Layouts.
Some ideas and suggestions :
- scale to fit or crop drawings to fit in Layout or grid cell
- keep drawings always centered in Layout or grid cell
- or keep specific area of drawing always centered
- View map folder or selected Views - auto place in single Layout with or without Grid placement. And i dont mean drag n drop the Views in a Layout that you hace already made, because you can do that already. The Master Layout of my choice could be inside the settings of the View Map folder for example. So by dropping the View Map folder inside the Layout tree Archicad would do the rest. The way it is now Archicad creates a new Layout for each View using the Master Layout you have set as default.
- scale drawings if needed or suggest bigger Master Layout
-always center drawing in their frame even if it is cropped , so that if something changes you dont get empty frames in your Layouts and then you have to fit in Window and look for your drawing and then crop again and move it to the correct position on Layout.
This wish is not so specific but more of a general wish for improvement in the Layout drawing placement area, and more automated procedures.
For our office this started from a simple problem of having a View Folder of 50 renders and wanted to place them in groups of two or four using Master Layouts with Grid Placement. One Master layout was divided in two, the other in four each with some space left for out Layout Titles.
We found several ways to do it in the end but a lot of manual work was invovled for something that wasnt so important. We just wanted to place all renders in one go in the order we stored them in the View Map.
I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #12756). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.
Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!