BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

AutoCAD DWG Symbols

Anonymous
Not applicable
Provide an option in the DWG translator to properly convert AutoCAD special character symbols. For example:
%%p - "plus or minus"
%%d - "degrees"
%%o - "diameter"
etc.

I really dislike having to manually replace all these text strings with their proper symbols.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
John wrote:
Provide an option in the DWG translator to properly convert AutoCAD special character symbols. For example:
%%p - "plus or minus"
%%d - "degrees"
%%o - "diameter"
etc.

I really dislike having to manually replace all these text strings with their proper symbols.
Can't you just set up a character conversion table in your DXF/DWG Translator?
Or doesn't it properly convert even if you set it up?
OF course you need to know what the charcter codes of these characters are in AutoCAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I my experience, the AutoCAD text function does not typically use the ANSI character codes to generate these special characters. Instead AutoCAD uses three character strings to represent these special symbols. So for example, the whole string, " %%p" (no quotes) is translated to the plus or minus symbol by the AutoCAD text function.
The ArchiCAD conversion function only allows one to type in the code for a single character (an integer from 1 to 255), not a three character string.
Learn and get certified!