Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatic 2D Elements in 3D

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Much like the need to have Zone Stamps display within the Section/Elevation window in rooms cut by a section marker:

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=1321&highlight=elements

We need to have automatic placement of structural gridlines within the Section/Elevation window.

Manually placing and updating Zone Stamps and gridlines defeats the purpose of BIM...any other 2D-in-3D suggestions???

EDIT:...another suggestion (this subject has been eluded to before, but is related to this topic):

Building Elevation/Section Markers placed in plan should have the option of being visible in the Elevation/Section window -- i.e., a wall section marker placed in plan could also be visible on the building elevation...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
Laura wrote:
Much like the need to have Zone Stamps display within the Section/Elevation window in rooms cut by a section marker:

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=1321&highlight=elements

We need to have automatic placement of structural gridlines within the Section/Elevation window.

Manually placing and updating Zone Stamps and gridlines defeats the purpose of BIM...any other 2D-in-3D suggestions???
I know it's not "out of the box", but CADImage's Object Tools do that. (works in Detail Cuts too, which is really cool!)
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yes, I know, it is a great tool (I have purchased a copy). My problem is, after purchasing 25 seats of AC, I cannot justify purchasing 25 copies of this tool @ 75 bucks a pop, especially when this is something that should be, IMHO, a part of the software.
TomWaltz
Participant
Laura wrote:
Yes, I know, it is a great tool (I have purchased a copy). My problem is, after purchasing 25 seats of AC, I cannot justify purchasing 25 copies of this tool @ 75 bucks a pop, especially when this is something that should be, IMHO, a part of the software.
I totally agree with you, I was just pointing out the possibility... never mind the joy of licensing each seat individually.... believe me, that ain't fun. I did it for 3 add-ons on 32 seats.... I'm still not sure the add-on paid back that much time....
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
You have it in 10.

The Goodies don't exist in their present form - they have to be downloaded - but the new structural grid system does exactly what you want. Skewes the markers too.

And shows in 3D.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yes! I read the PDF of the improvements, but did not see it mentioned -- this is good news -- LJY