Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatic Updating of Zones

Anonymous
Not applicable
There should be an option to have Zones update automatically. It is dangerous to expect the user to remember to update zones every time they make modifications to the plans.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Josh wrote:
There should be an option to have Zones update automatically. It is dangerous to expect the user to remember to update zones every time they make modifications to the plans.
I agree in principle but it might be difficult to implement. Auto updating would mean that the zones will be trying to adapt constantly to any changes in the enclosing walls etc. Beside the trick of not letting this become continuously annoying there is also the issue of how it reacts when you pull apart walls temporarily leaving zones with no rational enclosure.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe I needed to be more specific. I understand the issue with moving walls and not wanting the zone to follow your every move but say you stretch a zone or change its shape, the values for that zone should be able to be updated automatically. Similar to the area text with the fill command, you stretch it, it updates immediately, done.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Josh,

you can actually get the zone area updated same as with fills. The problem is in coding of the default GS zone stamp where shown area uses the static parameter (for some strange reasons ) instead of dynamic one . It should be a really easy task for any GDL programmer to tweak it... just do some search in GDL forum I suppose
::rk
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Auto updates of zones worked a charm in Archicad 7. Then it disappeared around Archicad 8, haven't seen it since.
But as Rob states I'm pretty sure that the option for an auto update lies in the zone object.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Rakela Raul
Participant
do a search...a good samaritan already postd one with 'auto update'
i think it was for ac9 thouggh.......hope im not losing it !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Gorazd
Booster
We have created (repaired) one zone stamp with autoupdate for our use. You just have to open it as an object and translate the slovenian parameters to whatever you want (maybe you can learn some slovenian words while doing it ).
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11