Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatic Zone placing and handling

Podolsky
Ace
I just realized that the use of Zones always was problematic because of the complexity of geometry (height, roof trims and beams). Why not make generation and update of Zones completely automatic by program, where user controls only number and name.
5 REPLIES 5
Podolsky
Ace
I also think that a completely re-designed zone tool could have options for interior elevation generations (because currently you need to place zone first and after place interior elevation manually, that is not a very simple task). Zones could be shown in section. Zones could have the painting tool - to literally paint the walls in the room and get quantities of painting.
There are plenty of possibilities.
jl_lt
Ace
the fact that zones dont show data in section or elevation is one of those basic things that ArchiCAD has gotten away with for far too long.

automátic detection of space boundaries (i understand there are far too many variations and conditions to ask for 100% accuracy, but how about 80%?) and a or semi automatic naming and coding criteria would be nice aditions too.
Marc H
Advisor
Actually, I recall Graphisoft had a fairly advanced space management program (ArchiFM) they spun off some years ago. Perhaps it would be helpful to have some limited version of that as a built-in module?
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
jl_lt
Ace
Marc wrote:
Actually, I recall Graphisoft had a fairly advanced space management program (ArchiFM) they spun off some years ago. Perhaps it would be helpful to have some limited version of that as a built-in module?
Sounds nice. What happenned to it?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It still exists as a separate company.
It was recently acquired by a large Hungarian company (TUNGSRAM) and it became its subsidiary:

https://archifm.net/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27