Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatic door numbering

Odd Goderstad
Booster
Doors have an ID that defines the door, but as there could be many doors with the same ID we need a unique ID for each door, that is human readable, and structured. We could use the connection to/from zone, but run into problems when there are several doors connected to a corridor. It should be a possibility to have a setting in the door parameter that defines that the doornumber should be generated from the zone it opens into, or opens from. And also add a number if there is more than one door in that room. Example: S2-R234.4-I = Story 2, room 234, door number 4 in that room, and opens into that room. And it should be able to be used in doortags, labels, schemes, and Find&select.

As I write this I realize I could use some expressions to do this, maybe exept doornumber in room? But I am no master of expressions Perhaps implement it in the Template?
🙂 Odd Goderstad
GS Norge
Oslo, Norway
Always the latest version ArchiCAD mostly on Windows
twitter: @OddGoderstad
4 REPLIES 4
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Odd,

Thank you very much for sharing your wish!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish DEF-2741). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you once again, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Odd,

I'm happy to inform you that this wish can be carried out using the new Python Connection inside Archicad 24. To find out more about the power of Python Connection and some example scripts, please follow this link: https://graphisoft.com/downloads/python

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Has anyone made this scrtipt?

Hello,

Any news on the implementation of this fonction?

Regards, Alexandre 

Archicad 26 / MacBook Pro 16" i9 / macOS Ventura (13.4)