Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatic rail spacing - like balustrades

Barry Kelly
This wish is for the ability to have automatic rail spacing (in the railing tool) just like we can for balustrade spacing.
Currently we have to manually adjust the height of every rail.
It would be great to have it adjust based on the overall height of the railing and number of rails set.

See this post for further information.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/Horizontal-Railing-Spacing/td-p/263050?f=6&hil...

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
4 REPLIES 4
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you very much for creating this poll, and for those of you who voted to express their opinion.

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it into our WishList database (please refer to it as Wish #12815). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
Thanks Minh.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bruce
Expert
I would say also be able to edit all rails at once (profile, building material etc). Currently it's one by one - unless you go into Edit mode in 3D and shift+select them all.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Lingwisyer
Guru
Bruce wrote:
also be able to edit all rails at once

I would assume a change would be done similar to the window sash options. Uniform where you define a spacing or number, and asymmetric in which you manually define each one from within a list. Consistency.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660