Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatically generate exploded 3d's

Haneef Tayob
Booster
Would like to see an option where one can automatically generate exploded 3d's.
Basically where one can stack 3d views of plans with a few clicks and extra options such as don't explode basement & ground or just explode roof level.

The workarounds are too time consuming.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's not tht automatic, but in AC11 you'll at least have worksheets to place your exploded 3D views into.

Cheers,
Link.
Karl Ottenstein
Link wrote:
in AC11 you'll at least have worksheets to place your exploded 3D views into.
Hmmm. I place them in independent Details now. But, I'm thinking of 3D views...as in captures of the 3D window. Not sure what Haneef means.

So, Link, what is the difference between a Detail and a Worksheet?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Karl wrote:
So, Link, what is the difference between a Detail and a Worksheet?
Easy! Details are for details and worksheets are for....um....errr.... coordination! You see, we can now 'enjoy the Virtual Building environment together with total 2D flexibility using the ArchiCAD 11 Worksheet tool. This new tool enables smooth transition from 3D to 2D drawings and provides users with an unprecedented level of control over the quality of final architectural documentation.'

What would be good is to actually visit them in Budapest and ask them face to face, don't you think?

Seriously, I am actually really looking forward to seeing what uses people do come up with for the worksheets. It will be an interesting topic in the upcoming months.

Cheers mate,
Link.
Haneef Tayob
Booster
Karl wrote:
Not sure what Haneef means.

Karl
Here's an image of what I mean. In this case, I renamed the archicad file and changed/exagerated the storey heights to get the 'exploded' 3d view effect. It would be nice to let ArchiCad do this automatically.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Karl Ottenstein
I see, Haneef. I've spent too much time lately dealing with 'explode' meaning explode 3D elements into 2D elements to think of the traditional use that you illustrated.

This would be pretty easy for an add-on to do, but I wonder how much demand there is for it vs just doing manually what you did...? Hence, your poll! 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB