BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automatically naming plans acording to the slab level.

jl_lt
Ace
Hi! is there a way to automatically link floor plan names with its corresponding main level, be it the finish floor level or top of slab level (im not sure how its called in english, but in spanish that would be the terms.) That way, we could link the floor plan name to some selected slab. Of course, we can do this by hand, but with this it would update automatically if you change the floor height. Ive tried using autotext but to no avail.

In other words, we could still name the floor plans if we want, but we could add the corresponding level automatically (First floor plan +0.50, Level 01 +3.50 or just Level +25.40... and so on)

This could also go in hand with the apparently long standing wish of being able to define datum levels that dont necesarily create floor plans
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend
I don't think that can be done yet. What you are probably wanting is for GS to change Drawing Selection Settings > Drawing Name to have an option "By View: Name + Storey Height". At first look this seems to work but you need AC to consider if it is a plan view to provide that option. The downside is as soon as the view name is edited manually the name becomes static and you will then have disconnected & potentially false values. That may be too much of a risk if the contractor relies on that level rather than cross checking the sections etc.

The simplest approach is possibly just to have the option to display Storey Height in drawing titles and make available an Autotext value under the Drawing values for Storey Height?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
jl_lt
Ace
That would definitely do the trick! although it could cause some problems for split levels. The ability to define this along with the ability to define datum levels without generating another floor plan would be awesome, but i guess thats a second wish.
Learn and get certified!