BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Autotext - align the "preview" with the heading

Stuart Atkinson
Participant
When you enter the Project info the entered text is in line with the autotext heading chosen (obviously).
When inserting autotext the preview is down the bottom?.
I would like so see the preview shifted back inline with the autotext heading and be able to see all of the entries, just like i can when entering the info.

A small wish sure but would improve the use i think.

Project info.JPG
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
The funny AC logic! 😉
vistasp
Advisor
Would be nice. Stuart, part of your screenshot shows font controls. What did you have in mind there?
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
I voted important.

It seems strange to actually make it more difficult to see what each autotext represents. The way it is displayed in the project info is clearly the easiest and fastest to read, so why design a whole new dialog box that performs worse?
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
vistasp wrote:
Would be nice. Stuart, part of your screenshot shows font controls. What did you have in mind there?
The text controls are there as i was placing text (and referencing something from the project info) when i realised it was awkward & frustrating having the 'preview" at the bottom.

I have only just started playing with the project info's ability to have/add custom notes and as the number increases it becomes quite annoying that the preview is at the bottom!.
Peter wrote:
It seems strange to actually make it more difficult to see what each autotext represents. The way it is displayed in the project info is clearly the easiest and fastest to read, so why design a whole new dialog box that performs worse?
kliment wrote:
The funny AC logic! 😉
Answered already!.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart wrote:
Answered already!.
I felt the point needed expanding!
rocorona
Booster
I can see the logic --but this does not mean that I agree with it--.

The "Description" field can be more than one row. In the "Project Info" box, where the text is editable, each field can be expanded (with the arrow icon to the right) and you can insert carriage returns, and several rows of text.
In the "Insert autotext" window you would see only the first row, while you need to know the full content.

Ok. So we need both... the side-to-side, that works for most of the fields, PLUS the full field content, shown to the bottom, useful to check long texts.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10