Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Autotext in Publishing name and Publishing Directory

Pato99
Enthusiast
Basically I want to control all publishing related items via 'info'. I put in the clients lot, street name, Suburb...

The PDF Name should be as follows
#lot, #streetname, #suburb, #clientnames - Contract Plans
Resulting in
111, Jeorge Street, Westy Bank, Ben and Ella - Contract Plans.pdf

The publishing folder should be
C:\#year\#lot #streetname, #suburb, #clientnames\Plans
Resulting in
C:\2017\111, Jeorge Street, Westy Bank, Ben and Ella\Plans

Now it's a set and forget on the template.
Versions 10 to 27
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
10 REPLIES 10
Jan Vlach
Advocate
I would love ability to use autotext in similar way, especialy for adding date and time to my publication.
From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Extending on this wish, it would probably be useful to use Autotext in View Names, Layout Names, and Publisher Item Names (there are some Autotexts in Publisher Item Names, but there could be more).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
zarmenas
Newcomer
BUMP.
I'd really love this too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I require Autotext ability in Layout Setting, to add #RevID to the layout name when publishing. Please!
Lingwisyer
Guru
AvrilP wrote:
I require Autotext ability in Layout Setting, to add #RevID to the layout name when publishing. Please!

You can do that in the Publisher settings.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Items and folders in The Publisher Sets are actually the only place in the Organizer that accepts Autotexts.

So yes, you can get pretty much any Autotext from the Project Info as the name of your file or folder. You just need to rename the folder or the item manually. Just right click on the folder/item, select Rename Folder or Rename Items and under Custom Name write something like "<SITEADDRESS1>, <SITEADDRESS2>, <SITEADDRESS3>, <CLIENT_GIVENNAME>".

A very useful list of all these Autotet keywords is here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/65541/
DGSketcher
Legend
It's a shame <CURRENTISSUEDATE> is unstable in folder names. I keep ending up with the date being blank, not updating from the previous issue and in the last case reverting to the first issue. If it worked consistently I could reliably print multiple layouts to a single PDF using the issue date to differentiate it from other issues. As it is, I have on more than one occasion had to recover overwritten files.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
mbl wrote:
Items and folders in The Publisher Sets are actually the only place in the Organizer that accepts Autotexts.

So yes, you can get pretty much any Autotext from the Project Info as the name of your file or folder. You just need to rename the folder or the item manually. Just right click on the folder/item, select Rename Folder or Rename Items and under Custom Name write something like "<SITEADDRESS1>, <SITEADDRESS2>, <SITEADDRESS3>, <CLIENT_GIVENNAME>".

A very useful list of all these Autotet keywords is here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/65541/
This works very well for individual pdfs if you use "Rename Items", however if you select "Merge to 1 pdf" it will only save the folder name, not the compiled name, If we could use the same format for folder names or sub folders this would be excellent....
Anonymous
Not applicable
DJ wrote:
mbl wrote:

This works very well for individual pdfs if you use "Rename Items", however if you select "Merge to 1 pdf" it will only save the folder name, not the compiled name, If we could use the same format for folder names or sub folders this would be excellent....
If you don't have any "parent" folder that has the merge option on, then the "autotext" works for renaming the sub-folders as well and it will save the sub-folder name with autotext as the PDF's filename.

Is that what you meant?

I'm not saying that it's perfect and that it works for every occasion, but you can do quite a lot with it and if needed, you can just create multiple Publisher Sets.