Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIM BIM BIM - composite skins are so un-bim!

gdford
Advisor

I know I post this every 6 months, but I am really trying to make a point.

I am sure this is a difficult challenge, but we really need to be able to place a autotext label on a single skin of a composite wall in plan and sections so that we can:

1)  call out exactly the building material is for a "single" selected skin of the composite

2)  be able to drill down with autotext to custom building material properties for the selected skin.

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
10 REPLIES 10
kmitotk
Advocate

Yes, single skin of a composite AND single building material of a complex profile as well PLEASE!!

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

DGSketcher
Legend

This is definitely needed to assist with “live” detailing for those of us using sections in preference to the details tool.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Tim Ball
Expert

Not just composites, but also complex profiles

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing this great idea!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-11924). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

sikho
Contributor

I've developed a label that will list the material description of a composite wall/floor/roof with the options of either listing:

1) all the skins or,

2) only the 'Core' skins or,

3) only the 'Finish' skins or,

4) only the 'Other' skins or,

5) the ID and name of complex profiles,

The label also has some other options that relate to properties I created.

The workflow is: I build up a library of materials that has all the important information in the description, I then use these materials in the composite walls and as fills in the details. I can use the one label to pull the same information from both the live model and 2D details. 

It doesn't have the option to select the material description of a single skin, unless there is only one skin in the Core/Finish/Other category. I'm sure you could edit the code to develop this functionality.

If you're interested, I could upload a copy of the label.

Screenshot 2022-08-15 144107.jpg

I commend you on your effort and I appreciate your offer. I am good for now with my current set up, I mostly feel that Graphisoft should have a solution for this. My expectation is that version 27 will be greatly enhanced. 

- keep the faith!!

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Hi sikho!

Would you mind uploading this label here? I would be so greatful! Thank you!

sikho
Contributor

No problem, it should be attached.

Hi sikho,

i have a few issues. I'm trying to modify this your label a bit: a need to call up a building material IDS instead of a building material names, and to be arranged in one raw (just one next to them) not in column, like this (for example):

instead of:
BMATID1
BMATID2
BMATID3

to be like this:
BMATID1BMATID2BMATID3

It seems very easy to me and my brother (who is it engeener), but everything we tried actually didnt work. We cant figure out what is a problem.

Do you have any advice how to achieve this?

Thank you a lot!