BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIM SAAS and the complete virtual office

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to me that Graphisoft has an enormous opportunity that should be easy to take advantage of. With BIM SAAS the next level is to turn it into a complete online cloud database like Dropbox. If BIMcloud could be accessed just like another drive on my computer the way dropbox sync works they would have me and my office completely and happily captured in their universe. As it is if I load project files and information on BIMCloud I have to download it to a local file to use it and reload it when I'm done.

If that next step is to big a leap there are simple improvements they could make
1. Add a PDF viewer. There is currently a Jpeg viewer PDF and word would be awesome
2. Add dates of latest update or loading. I look at a list of files and I don't know which is the latest or oldest
3. DO NOT require an additional license to access the manager. It's like I have a license but I have to have a license to manage my license. ABSURD
4. Allow file sharing with outside non-licensed users. Without this collaboration is discouraged and therefore the whole point missed. This also helps potential users like engineers to get a peek of how awesome Graphisoft is and is a great marketing tool.
5. Drag and drop files. I feel like I'm in the stone age having to "download" and "upload" files

In other words Graphisoft could create a whole office solution and put themselves miles ahead of the competition.
3 REPLIES 3
SeRohde
Booster
I really like your suggestions.
3. Finding this I was stunned myself
My biggest whish would be, to have a Fileserver "buildin" so no link will ever get coldlinked or missing in action.
Admin of BIM [Cloud] [SaaS] [Server] | AC 19-25 [Win&Mac Clients] | VM's
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for your suggestions, we really appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the service!

I have added this wish into our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-1364). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Podolsky
Ace
Latest ISO BIM standard require to have file version on CDE. Like if I'm uploading the same file twice, the system must store the same file with tag 'version 1' and 'version 2'. This is is something that Graphisoft can also look at on BIM Cloud.
Learn and get certified!