Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIM Server Access Indicator

How do we know when someone is using the Server?

It would be great to have sort of audible signal or flashing indicator or something to let us know when someone has signed in to the server.
Or when they want to sign in so we can give permission if we want.

I would like to leave the server on and go work on other projects but if someone signs in, or wants in, I want to know so I can join them.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
I would like to have some kind of a little status monitor window for the server, too....sort of an Activity Monitor for the BS. Right now, the only way to know that someone is on your server is to look at a log file - the location of which I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
With the BIM Server Manager open, select a project, then click Settings, this will open the Project Settings dialog box. There is a Project Log tab in it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Karl Ottenstein
I was actually thinking of the disk path, but your method - which also works from the Teamwork menu - is easier. Thanks.

Karl

PS You can tell how many people have spent time with the BIM Server so far by the vast number of votes in this poll. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I like the idea Steve... Very useful for administrators...

And if you allow me, I'd like to add that, user activity statists (Like what ArchiTime does) would be great to quantify the team members activity on the project, and consequently their fees... of course with an excel automatic report.

I'd call it "BIM Server Time Clock"... What do you think?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have limited use for the time clock but it would be great to see who is on the sever. We have staff working remotely now with TW2 which is working so very well!, and knowing when they are on or off without having to go to each BIM file to check would be a great added plus for CAD Managers

Great Idea!