Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIMx Hyper Model / Docs on DESKTOP

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Please allow the new BIMx Docs environment to be displayed on a desktop or laptop.

(And available for online meeting sharing)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
The problem is you can't make an in-app purchase from your desktop BIMx application.
So how will GS generate an income from it?

Oh I know - license the BIMx application for creating the files and keep the app free.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tom Krowka
Booster
This is a great tool. I can't understand why it's not available for download on laptop or other phone operating system. It's too big a market out there to be limited to contractors who use apple products only. Unless Apple subsidized the development costs.

Essential for this tool to be available across all platforms.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
So…I'm trying to open and view a saved BIMx 3D ONLY file on the desktop viewer and the file does not open. I get this warning and directions to open it with a mobile device. The file works fine on iPad mini but my client wants to be able to see it both on Windows and Mac desktops. Is there any way of doing this at this point?
Thanks!
Ed
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Did you publish this or Save it as a BIMx file?

If you publish even just the 3D model it will save as a BIMx Docs file, which can only be opened on a mobile device. If you save it from the 3D window as a BIMx file, it will open on either.

Cheers,
Link.
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Ah, I see. Very well then, thank you so much Link.
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
David Collins
Advocate
I know this is an old wish...but the whole BIMx-hypermodel-tablet-only thing still bothers me. Tablets may be okay for Facebook, Internet surfing, and email ( I guess... although the general concept of a device that requires you to smear up the viewing screen with your fingers to get things done completely escapes me) but these are not devices for serious professionals either in the office or in the field. And although it may be the subject of another wish somewhere, the project specific licensing scheme is just plain nuts. I would willingly pay for an add-on feature, but no one should have the right to license the way any individual project is presented.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
BIMx needs to have identical functionality and file format support across all platforms. Mobile devices and Desktops.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
I'm fascinated by the fact that 2600 people have visited this post and about 40 people have voted.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The majority of people visiting ArchiCAD are guests (not registered users). Guests cannot vote or reply, only view threads.
Right now, for example, when I am writing this, 2 of the 62 visitors on the site are registered, all others are visitors.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27