Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIMx - QR codes and navigation

gavinNZz
Advocate

Simple requirement - share 3D model of midfloor framing with all those downstream from the design office. Both for office based users and site users

My request - Can the BIMx transfer site generate a QR code that I can print on my plans that opens up the model directly in the browser or in the BIMx mobile app plz. I don't want the end user to have to worry about downloading and storing models locally.  This just gets messy when models are updated. I know that I can create the QR myself with a QR generator but I don't understand why I have to when it would be fairly easy to implement within the BIMx functionality.

Also when navigating  BIMx model is there a way in which you can create a new center for the orbit function? I have used online model viewers where a double tap centers the orbit on that point which is very good for reviewing specific detail within a larger model.

Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the ideas, we truly appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added these wishes to our Wishlist database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-1642 and IDEA-11979)

I hope to see them implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT