Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIMx Sun Position and Archicad sun settings

_Salmon
Contributor

Hi,
it will be great if we can export the BIMx model with the Archicad sun settings (date and time) instead of the actual presettings according to Cast shadows in BIMx Mobile - Graphisoft Community:

• The default position of the slider is in the middle, aligned to the following Location Settings:
    • North Angle
    • Project Location is above or below the equator

best regards,

Alberto

Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2
4 REPLIES 4
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello Alberto,

Thanks for posting your request! Opening 3D models in BIMx according to the exact date and time defined in Archicad would be practical indeed. We first targeted visual quality and have already started assessing the needs for shadows' future improvements.

Could you please describe in detail how you would like to change the sun position by date and time in BIMx?

I encourage others to answer this question and discuss the topic.

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager
OliviaJE
Contributor

I am currently working on a feasibility study which is very much dependent on sun studies. I would like to be able to export multiple 3D views, each with a different date and time defined as per the views saved in our model. In other words, can the 3D view in the BIMx have the same date and time settings as the 3D view in the file?

Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello Olivia, BIMx opens 3D models with the sun horizontally rotated according to the project's North Angle and location. So currently date and time are not saved to 3D models, however, we plan to improve this area in the future. 

Also, we generally recommend exporting camera positions for BIMx's Gallery instead of multiple identical 3D models. You can already present the model with different sun positions by aligning the sun in BIMx (with the help of Archicad) and saving Favorite views.
This article describes how Favorites and Gallery work, I hope it helps.

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

Hi Roland,

i think as solution something simple and effective like a dialog window to choose date and time just as it appears in Archicad settings.

sun position.jpg

Since AC6

Win10pro / Intel Xeon E5-1650v4 / 128Gb DDR4 2400 MHz ECC REG / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 / SSD Toshiba 512GB M.2