Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIMx hyper model (FOR PC!)

Anonymous
Not applicable
my computer is far faster and more superior to my high end smart phone why can I not view complete BIMx hyper models on my PC?
Why is it limited to only tablets and smartphones
sure you can walk around the virtual model, but I want to see all the hyperlinked documents etc without having to upload it to a dropbox and view on a smartphone, it is actually more of a pain to have to do this not only for preview purposes but also when looking at other architects models
What is the reason it is not supported on Computer?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I know it is not quite the same but on a PC you have Archicad itself.

Another reason may be that many PCs don't have the touch screen input that BIMx on a smart devices relies on.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Collins
Advocate
This is a looooong-standing wish, but I'm happy to vote 'essential' for it one more time. We've said it again and again: you should at least be able to check the hypermodel on the desktop before you send it out to iOS.

I think the restriction has more to do with the (rapacious) licensing scheme than any restriction imposed by the (really dumb) touch screens.

I actually would like to see the BIMx hyper model become be the main User Interface in ArchiCAD. Fool that I am, I was hoping this would be the main new feature in ArchiCAD 20.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)