BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIMx models

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are givng our clients BIMx model's more and more. It would be nice to have more control over the presentation of those model's

Ideally if we can have the ability to create a banner with logo's titleblocks etc or perhaps a splashscreen when you open the document to remind user's of copyright ownership etc
10 REPLIES 10
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Specifically, I think we should have control over the Project Info that is displayed in the Information Panel of the app. We don't always want all of this information displayed, and some of it is repetitive (i.e. the site address).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to be clear, I am talking about this feature in the original BIMx model NOT the hyper-model. As we are providing these models to residential clients it is unreasonable to expect them to pay A$51.99 just to view a model of their house and only be able to do it if they have an iPad
Eduardo Rolon
You area aware that you can gift apps to the clients.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=43973&start=30
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
moloneyds wrote:
Just to be clear, I am talking about this feature in the original BIMx model NOT the hyper-model. As we are providing these models to residential clients it is unreasonable to expect them to pay A$51.99 just to view a model of their house and only be able to do it if they have an iPad
The price you are talking about is for the unlimited use of BIMx Docs on any number of projects.
For residential customers we are talking about one model, for which BIMX Docs is about 1/10th that price.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Regardless if it's BIMx Docs or just-plain BIMx, I think this wish is important.

For the record, we "gift" the app to our commercial clients, but hope to be able to provide this as an add-service in the near future.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can absolutely see the merit in gifting the software for multiple dwelling, commercial or even large budget, however my bread and butter work is medium residential, where I am not interested in giving client hyperdocs. That falls into the realm of "too much information"

Using simple Bimx model's and restricting to gallery view's is ideal for us. For this I am simply looking to have our logo's, links to website and copyright information attached to the BIMx file so when our clients show their friends their new house, they see who created it.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Have you considered strategically placing textures with this information throughout your model? Such as an image on a TV screen or a framed print hanging on the wall? If that seems too tacky to you, you could just have a simple "sign" in an opening view. Granted, no hyperlink to your website, but the model can certainly display this information.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Laura wrote:
If that seems too tacky to you, you could just have a simple "sign" in an opening view. Granted, no hyperlink to your website, but the model can certainly display this information.
I have also gone the sign route (looks like my construction site sign) and recently made a door object with 3D letters (being a door the user walks through the sign to enter the project). Both of these are visible when the walk-through begins. Not as good as permanent title and no web link, but better than no information.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Brilliant!
Learn and get certified!