BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BIMx still not letting us drill down to Building material data

gdford
Advisor
I am surprised that Bimx is still not letting us drill down to building material property data; classifications, and custom properties for the skins in composite elements. If I build an Element schedule I can push out to bimx a list of the building material names, but we still can not attach a component schedule to bimx.... seriously.!!
As amazing as Bimx is, it is still just an amazing toy for the client, but it does not yet give the contractor what they need. I am ready to get rid of the drawings, but i have to be able to push all my notes into the bimx model, not just display the drawings in bim. Bimx does do an amazing job of displaying the drawings.... don't get me wrong here... I really like bimx, but i really really really want to be able to push more data into the modeled elements in bimx.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Gary,

Thank you very much for sharing this idea! This is an interesting one!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-4238). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

gdford
Advisor
Minh,
I is a disturbing thought to think that giving Bimx access to building material data has not been part of the Graphisoft vision for years. I know there must be a white paper out their describing the current vision for the future of Archicad. I would really like to read it, and I would be more than willing to sign a nondisclosure agreement to do so. Please forward this request to the powers that be.
Thanks,
Gary
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Gary,

After some discussion with our colleagues, we would like to know a bit more about the situation you are having. As far as we know, you can export Component schedules into BIMx file as drawing placed in Layout. With proper Info Set at exporting, you can link the element in Component schedules with its proper 3D presentation. Please refer to this section of our User Guide for more information.

I'm wondering whether this is what you're looking for? If not, could you clarify a bit more on what you want to achieve with some screenshots?

Also, we have customer user groups where you can join and share your ideas and feedbacks with us quarterly. For further information, please check out this post.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!