Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

[BUG] Unable to change case of folder name letter in attribute dialogs

In the attribute dialogs the case of letter in the name of an already existing folder can't  be changed. Trying to do it prompts a warning that the name already exists. It is possible to do it for layers in the attribute dialogs and for folders in the attribute palette.

AC26INT 4019 on Windows 10

4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein

Definitely a bug, so I'm not sure why this is in the Wishes Forum... unless we're wishing for a bug fix? 😀

The new Attributes dialog DOES let us change the case of any folder name without complaint.  The bug described only happens (to me) for the exact same folder in its own attribute dialog.

For example, in the new Attribute Manager (no columns), I can change GLASS to Glass or whatever.

But, in the Surfaces dialog, I get the message described.

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 11.50.29 AM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

@Karl Ottenstein wrote:

Definitely a bug, so I'm not sure why this is in the Wishes Forum... unless we're wishing for a bug fix? 😀

That's one way to look at it 😏  But is there a more suitable forum? And yes - I am aware of my disobedience to the bug report process prescribed by GS.

😂

Yes, but if one of us doesn't go through the effort to contact our local support to report this, it will likely never get into the bug database.  We all keep hoping that GS tech support will monitor this Community and enter all of these things, but that tends to be a bit random especially after the employee who used to (randomly) do that left Graphisoft a while ago.

I've reported this, via link to this thread, to Graphisoft North America support just now.

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

@Karl Ottenstein wrote:

I've reported this, via link to this thread, to Graphisoft North America support just now.

...and with my priority SSA/Forward support... I have not heard anything back from support yet. 🙄