Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Background Updating All The Time

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sitting here waiting for a section/elevation to update I thought of an idea worth considering. Could ArchiCAD be made to be placed in an update continuous mode. So while working on a plan another version of ArchiCAD is working in the background to update all elevations and sections and perspective angles nominated. This would be similar to Plotmaker where it works in the background updating all imported views.

Considerable time is spent when designing thinking. This time could be spent by the computer going through the files and updating the files. This would save so much time when working. Sitting waiting for a view to generate is lost productive time and often disrupts the creative flow. To see an elevation when one clicks on it, immediately, would be very helpfull.

Perhaps it is not possible to do but I note that it happens in Plotmaker while one is working in AC.

Just a thought........
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
"Graeme Barr"Just a thought........ wrote:

An interesting thought, though.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
isn't this wish

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=523&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=10

the same thing, only integrated into the way AC works, rather than running another BGArchiCAD?

w
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is similar to the previous wish. However there is an important difference. I dont particularly want to see all windows on the screen at the same time as in 3Ds max upgrading and changing. I would be happy to be working in plan and have the other views updating in the background.

In Plotmaker one can work on one layout drawing while other layout drawings are updating.

This would satisfy my as when I switch then to an elevation or section or 3D view it is ready for me to examine and adjust if necessary.

There could be another layer added to Navigator (so 4 instead of the current 3). This other layer or sheet could be a list of available views, elevations, sections, etc that could be checked or unchecked for regular upgrade. So if one was concentrating on say south elevation and section A and floor plan levels these could be all updating continually. This would be suffice for me as it seems I work on different areas at one time. Or all views could be checked for upgrade all the time. So one could select which views to have updating continually.

The more I think about it the more it appeals.