Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Better icon for 3D View Display (Wireframe) in layer settings

Emre Senoglu
Expert
The current icon to turn wireframe on and off is very difficult to differentiate at a quick glance, as opposed to the visibility icon which is easy to understand: a closed eye and an open one.
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I am not sure why the old 'coloured' icons (version 18) could not have been kept for layers.
Even then these were the 'grey' theme with the exception of the red locked layer - which I think is still better than we have now.
The solid icon actually had a grey fill to it that made it easier to see.

Barry.

Seems to be an issue adding images at the moment.
I'll try again later if I remember.
A different browser worked.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Emre Senoglu
Expert
That’s a good reminder Barry. I am glad about the UI change that came with 21 (or was it 20?), but certain good and functional elements were lost in translation. One could argue that a more unified look would be helpful too - no shading meaning on, gray shading meaning off. On/off system doesn’t really apply to the wireframe display mode, but one could argue that the ‘default’ view should be the shaded view, thus making the wireframe view the ‘off’ or non default setting.
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinions!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as Wish #13060). Hopefully, our Product Management team will consider changing this in the future.

Thank you all once more, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT