BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Blockwall and claddings - relation between walls

alemanda
Advocate
When I model my BIM models for stone cladding design purpose I usually model two walls. One is for blockwall and another one is the stone cladding.
It would be very useful to have the possibility to link the cladding to the block wall. I mean a link that allows the cladding to have the same opening of the blockwall, better an empty hole where there's a window/door in the blockwall.
A feature like that is already available for some wall accessories but it's too limiting and limited.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Any reason why you wouldn't want to use a complex profile wall?

I know you can't stretch the individual heights of each skin but then you just add one wall on top of another (stack them in height) where the construction varies (and hope your openings do not span across the join or you are back to square one placing two openings).
Or you create a few different profiles with different height claddings that you can choose from.

You can also nominate the portion of the wall that will stretch in height in the complex profile if you need your stonework to always be the same height (i.e. 1000mm high around the base of all walls regardless of their overall height).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
alemanda
Advocate
Barry wrote:
Any reason why you wouldn't want to use a complex profile wall?
I always find myself in so complicated situations that I prefer to model separately the blockwall and the stone cladding ... even because I often use different type of stones on the same cladding ...

So I prefer to model more elements and control them better.
I often switch off the block wall layer and operate only on the cladding layers ... and just to have clean floor plan I divide those elements which are visible in plan from those ones which are not visibile ...

Complex profiles help, in my opinion, in many other (simpler) situations ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!