BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Bring Back the Detailer Objects / USA ArchiCAD 21 Library

Da3dalus
Enthusiast
In ArchiCAD 21, several long-lived 2D Objects were removed from the ArchiCAD Library, which were very useful for detailing consistently. These include wood trim profiles, break lines, brackets and hold-downs, brick coursing, a column marker, and section/detail markers for use in the Detail/Worksheet windows. Most of these included the prefix "DET", and were part of the fondly remembered MSA Detailer system.

Please bring these back! I've never had a problem with too many objects. They should never delete a library part unless it specifically conflicts with a new feature.

These can be retrieved by loading Migration Libraries, but that's a poor substitute, and only works if objects are already placed in a Project.

More discussion is here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=268657&highlight=detail+objects#268657
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
1 REPLY 1
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I was notified that there is a "placeable" migration library 20 with the missing parts available on the ArchiPlus site. If you are on subscription, you have access to it. There is also a list of which parts were removed or integrated into other parts.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Learn and get certified!