BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Bring back 'rebuild selected sections' (elevations)

Karl Barker
Participant
In an earlier iteration of Archicad, (can't quite remember how far back), like now you could rebuilding a folder of sections. However, there was another option to select sections on the project map, right click and have the option to rebuild the selected sections or elevations.

This was really useful if some section had different layer combinations to others.

Please bring it back.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ArchiCAD still has it.
In the Project Manager tree view right-click the "Sections" category name under which the Sections are listed. There you will have these options in the context menu.
So it is not that you have to select a number of Sections and then right-click.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Barker
Participant
I know that one is there, what I want is to rebuild selected sections or elevations.
In AC10 there was a extra option to rebuild selected sections when following the same steps.
This is not available in current releases.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I right-click the desired Section within the "Sections" group of the Project Map, I have the "Rebuild from Model" option in the context menu.
So it looks like this command was migrated from the "Sections" group context menu to the context menus of the individual Sections.
Karl Barker
Participant
Perhaps I am not making myself clear enough.
I have a building.
In this building I have a series of elevations.
4 presentation elevations with trees, cars people as well as the main building.
4 working elevations. - no people, cars or trees for example.
Then I have a series of precast wall elevations that only show the precast walls, foundations, grids and some text.

In AC10, I could open a precast elevation (with the correct layer combination set), select the other precast elevations in the project navigator, right click and rebuild all the precast elevations at once in stead of having to go into each open and re-build individually.
It also meant that the other elevations we left in tact and not rebuilt showing only the precast walls and foundations.
I would like to be able to rebuild small groups of elevations and sections again rather than either rebuild one at a time,or all at once.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, it took me some time to figure this one out because I just couldn't make it work the way you stated.
I have AC10 on my machine but selecting several Elevations in the Project Map, then right-clicking the "Elevations" group title and selecting "Rebuild Selected from Model" simply didn't do anything; it just gave a error sound.
Then I figured it out: you had to select those Elevation Lines on the Floor Plan and then activate the command in the Project Map: then it worked.

But you are right: this functionality is gone in the latest versions for some reason and would be nice to have it back.
Learn and get certified!