Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Bundle ECODESIGNER Star with all versions of Archicad

Make this part of the package. Please. Regardless of location. It's a vital part of the move to better integrated design.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend
I think GS need to grab hold of it or a similar technology and make it as user friendly as possible. I have looked at EcoDesigner a few times but it has a very steep learning curve, which you probably need to use on a regular basis to remember the workflow.

There is going to be a boom in zero carbon housing (& other buildings) GS need to be leading the field delivering the tools for PassivHouse type assessment now.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
DGSketcher
Legend
And as if someone was listening... taken from a Graphisoft sponsored news site...

https://www.bimplus.co.uk/technology/net-zero-evaluation-tool-homes-seeks-funding/
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Podolsky
Ace
As I know - the main problem with Ecodesigner - it works correct only if zones touches walls exactly. I remember I had long explanation from engineer, who said this is not working, when zones are placed manually.
I think first at all it's necessary to fix zone tool, update Ecodesigner and then make it part of ArchiCAD by default.
strangeday
Booster
In addition would be essential, to make EcoDesigner Star available in all market and compatible with national standard( infact in Italy couldn't be purchased), and update the calculation engine with the latest update of VIP Energy, or if needed change completely(one example could be Energy Plus from USA department of energy, https://energyplus.net/, that should be also open source)
AC 6.5-26 | Latest build | Win 10 Pro 64 | AMD TreadRipper 1950x 3.4 Ghz | 64 Gb RAM | AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB