Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Button to update hotlinks

lmcardoso
Booster

Hi all,

There are people that use the save method or the hotlink manager to update outdated hotlinks.

Both work but are time consuming. 

It would be great to have a button such as the update zones to update the outdated hotlinks

Thanks

ArchiCAD 23/24/25 with Win 10
4 REPLIES 4
Lukas Zeleny
Enthusiast

You can also select any object in hotlink and in rightclic menu there is update button

LukasZeleny_0-1642694331247.png

BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com

yup, it's one of those cases of "when you tell yourself there has to be a way to do this, there usually is"

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

hi Lukas, Thanks for your input. Yes i use that also but if you have a have to update 10 or 20 hotlinks via the hotlink manager is faster.  

There are way more essencial issues because i lose less than 1 minute when i go to the hotlink manager to update 10 or 20 hotlinks but it would make life slightly easier

ArchiCAD 23/24/25 with Win 10

Yes I understand. Max you can do is to place update icon in more convinient place or create keyboard shortcut for it (or for Hotlink manager). But still you will have to select at least one object of the module to update it so it is not a big timesaver.

I personally like to use Hotlink Manager so I can also check there if there are any other issues.

LukasZeleny_0-1642764512204.png

BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com