Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Bypass "Save Changes" dialog when closing rendering tabs

Stress Co_
Advisor
Wish is as titled.

Either a key stroke override (Shift click?) or an
option in Work Environment settings.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
Yes this is really annoying when you end up with multiple quick test renders.

An alternative suggestion, rather than AC generating a new picture every time, how about it only ever creates one rendered image and overwrites it if it hasn't been saved or created as a separate tab.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or a list of view in the same tab, and when you close it will only ask you once if we really want to close the unsaved views.
mikas
Expert
I am in the same boat. Important.

I render a lot of test renders with ArchiCAD. It's quite annoying to delete tens of test renders when you are done with them.

In C4D there is Picture Viewer, and it's great. You can render either straigth to the active viewport, or optionally to the Picture Viewer. You can select any number or all of the pictures and deleted them with just one command.

In ArchiCAD, if not wanting to build a separate picture viewer, temporary renders could reside in Navigator/Organizer as a separate hierarchy.

It should not locate in the same hierarchy as other project entities, because there are to be treated differently, as temporary files, until they are saved by the user of course. That's because we wouldn't want to save 50 test renders along our project when we save the project and leave to home. That could yield to an unnecessary huge project file.

In this hierarchy you could select any number of test renders and delete them with just one command. And maybe with a prompt to be sure, but not many prompts. You could preview test renders by doubleclicking, or by clicking their tab titles, like now you do.

It has happened to me, that I accidentally closed the whole project without saving the model. Just because I wasn't careful enough clicking the tabs and don't saves repetitively about fifty times in a row.

Of course there's also the great batch renderer in cinema 4D. And team renderer and some other additional features I would love to see in ArchiCAD some day. But I understad we couldn't get everything this time around.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS