Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

COVER FILL FOR WALLS & ORIGIN FOR STAIR MATERIAL/ SURFACE

Travis Petersen
Participant
Hi,

1. Would be great if we had a cover fill for walls. I have a low level wall that is tiled, however i cannot show the tile pattern as a slab does (similarly plaster hatch etc). typing this i think it would be possible to show this with a symbolic cut - building material with a tile pattern, however setting custom origin may be an issue, also complex with composites...

2. With-in AC 21 stair, I cannot set a custom origin for the surface used (as well as plan) i.e. continuous tile line from terrace, to follow through stair
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Set your stair to end with a riser.
Adjust the end connection if necessary to allow for the floor slab and bring the slab right up to the riser.
It still may not match the pattern in the treads but at least the top will all be one slab.

I have no suggestion for the wall in plan other than adding a separate fill.
In 3D you can align textures.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Leire Bilbao
Booster
"1. Would be great if we had a cover fill for walls. I have a low level wall that is tiled, however i cannot show the tile pattern as a slab does (similarly plaster hatch etc). typing this i think it would be possible to show this with a symbolic cut - building material with a tile pattern, however setting custom origin may be an issue, also complex with composites..."

I would love that too... And beams when seen from top as well