BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Cabinet Styles

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your cabinet options are very outdated and do not reflect the types of cabinets being offered on the market today. Many modern cab systems are impossible to model in archicad, one very basic and ridiculous example is that you don't even have a flat panel door style, the only thing close has beveled edges, which I have not seen on a cab in a long time. Almost every job we do uses flat panel with square edges, or a mission style with an inset panel w/ square edges. Once again, as everyone has been saying, you HAVE to be more on top of GDL object development to grow in this country! I'm sure you know of formfonts, the object subscription service for sketchup, and now for Revit - please don't continue to drop the ball in this area. I don't think there is anything more important to gaining support and market share in this country.

Matt
6 REPLIES 6
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I agree completely, which is why I have started collecting parts from the INT release of ArchiCad as well as the GER releases. No bevel panels and gobs of stuff you'll never believe has been kept from you because we are stuck with the silly (and IMO incomplete) US library.

Why should the Germans get better parts than us 'Amis'?? Anyways, I hope to do a semi-professional job of compiling all of this stuff this Summer, and will share it on the blog when done.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
M wrote:
one very basic and ridiculous example is that you don't even have a flat panel door style, the only thing close has beveled edges, which I have not seen on a cab in a long time.

Yes -- ridiculous too, when you consider all of the extra 3D polygons and lines in elevation. The majority of our casework is for schools, which require the "flat panel door style". I've customized all of our cabinet objects to include a `Simple` door option.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Trouble with that is the stupid drawer panels then have the chamfer !

better get the INT millwork. Plus, the parameters are better organizede and the screenshots and UI nicer...
Director
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I've altered the script so that if the door = 'Simple', then the drawer = 'Simple'. Refresh my memory -- how do I get a hold of the INT library???
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Andy Thomson
Advisor
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/library_updates10/USA.html
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/library_updates10/INT.html
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/library_updates10/GER.html

(The latter is my personal favorite) Es ist ja voll ober-Affen geil, Du Mann-eh 😉

Or - ask your reseller for an INT installation disk.
Director
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
As I recall the Australian 'Essential Library' had some pretty good cabinets. Not sure if they have been updated for AC10.

Can anyone with the Essential Library comment?

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!