BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Calculation: Attach multiple property scripts to an object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad has a way to calculate materials. Its called property scripts.
For example i create a wall. The property scripts says that the wall has bricks insulation stucco, paint, and gives the quantities per unit. I can even add a manual cost field and propably have some hard estimations.

The problem with this approach is, it instead of a 2cm of stucco i decide to have a 3cm stucco, and instead of polyesterin as an insulation i decide to have something else, i have to create alternative property scripts.
So if a wall has 7 layers of information (two wallparts, two stucco parts[in and out] two paint parts and 1 insulation part, and i want to have just 2 options per layer i have 2*2*2*2*2*2*2 = 2^7 alternative propety scripts.
Isnt that TOO MUCH?

On the other hand if i could assign multiple property scripts at a single object i could create amazing detail schedules, containg even manufacturers details.
For example i would assign a paint property which will contain info such as color manufacturer covering capability and price.
This could be usefull to all archicad objects and would make archicad very efficient in calculation.

It would be nice to see additional comments
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
I am really waiting for your book. Will it be ready this year?
Thanks! If my schedule doesn't keep filling up, I hope to have it ready when AC 10 ships. It will be based on AC 10 (with comments that address differences for people still using older versions). I have no idea when AC 10 will ship, but my schedule itself will keep me from having the book ready before early 2006.

Cheers,
Karl
Hi Karl,
Can we pre order?
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni
Karl Ottenstein
Joseph wrote:
Hi Karl,
Can we pre order?
(I think we've hijaacked this wish ... sorry!)

If I pre-sold, this would all of a sudden become a stressful project I fear. I'll probably do pre-orders once I feel it is essentially finished other than polishing and shipping to the printer. Thanks for the encouragement, Joseph!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!