BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Ceiling Tool

Podolsky
Ace
Introduce new tool, called "ceiling". The principle very similar to Curtain Wall. Interaction with lights and another MEP elements.
Introduce new global levels - FCL (finished ceiling level). Elements can be linked to FCL (light, grilles, duct systems etc.)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Have a Gravity option to snap to the underside instead of the top?

And add the option to Gravity to Curtain Walls?

In that way you can have as many different ceiling levels as you want or even slopes and not have an issue.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Podolsky,

Thank you very much for the idea! We truly appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software.

I have forwarded your suggestion to our Wish list database (please refer to it as IDEA-312) to be considered in a future release.

Thank you once again, and have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Lingwisyer
Guru
A global level? But I sometimes have 3 different levels on a single story and then a few more for the BoH...

Podolsky
Ace
That means you will have 3 global ceiling levels. Make sense? Better to have then not to have.
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

In that way you can have as many different ceiling levels as you want or even slopes and not have an issue.

Ling.

I like the idea of this and I see it as an extension of the Curtain Wall family. For a number of reasons.

Ceilings as entities might make it easier to classify Archicadceilings as IFC ceilings as Revit ceilings.

Bulkhead modeling would be great, too. Something that is placed like an MEP duct is routed and configured.

Why stop there? How about raised floors?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Podolsky
Ace
And floors too. Not necessary raised. Any floors, as a cover in the room (not saying about floor slab).
Podolsky
Ace
Lingwisyer wrote:

Gravity to curtain wall? I'm not getting it, to be honest.
I imagine floor finished level as global level, that can be accessible via new ceiling tool (and linked to it, the same way how now you can link wall to the floor level, or it's top to floor above). Then you can link your lamps to ceiling level (instead of floor level how it happens now). As well ventilation grills and smoke detectors. Top of partition walls in some cases can be linked to ceiling level. If you are changing ceiling level (that happens actually sometimes in the projects on the late stages - when something does not fit and it's necessary to drop the ceiling) - all elements associated to it changing their level too.

Because new ceiling tool based on the same technology, as stair or curtain wall, it has all members as separate GDL objects and everything can be schedules - frames, panels, hangers.

Hey Graphisoft, can we have a ceiling tool that at least matches the capabilities of Revit?

We've only been asking for 12 years...

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 10.29.34 AM.png

v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1

Got a ceiling tool here that can magic wand to zones. It was developed for accurate IFC transfer at the request of many Archicad users around the world who crowdfunded the creation process.

Creator of Cadswift's parametric GDL libraries
Creator of Infinite Openings and Component Catalogues
Push the envelope & watch it bend
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CADSwift/playlists
Learn and get certified!