Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Change Case

ares997
Contributor
A change case API would be helpful. Such that if a user wanted to adjust the type of case that is found throughout the set or within a marquee area to adjust the case to either all caps, lower case, sentence case, or capping the first letter of each word.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
7 REPLIES 7
Chazz
Enthusiast
I think it's been requested before. I've certainly wanted it.

Occasionally, I'll copy/paste text from AC into my email app (MS Entourage), change the case there and then sling it back into AC. It's one of those little things you do with computers that make you feel small and humiliated.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
TomWaltz
Participant
I thought there used to be one. Did I imagine that?

FYI, an API allows you to write add-ons or plugins for something. I suspect you want a "Change Case Add-on." A Change Case API would be a programming tool that lets you write add-ons for a change-case add-on.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
Occasionally, I'll copy/paste text from AC into my email app (MS Entourage), change the case there and then sling it back into AC. It's one of those little things you do with computers that make you feel small and humiliated.
I use a Dashboard widget called Case Converter when I need to convert text.... It works okay but is time consuming and annoying....
Chazz
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
I thought there used to be one. Did I imagine that?
I had the same thought but what I know is that if there ever was one, it must have been too poorly implemented or award for me to have wanted to use consistently.

As I think about it, it may have been an API that some kind soul gave away and then it broke on an upgrade. Does anyone remember this?
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Chazz wrote:
/......Does anyone remember this?
No, but I've been using Copypaste for some years now.
You have the ability to have many clipboards, very useful app.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Orbit Solutions used to have an add-on that changed case. Not sure if they have updated it.

AC comes teasingly close to doing it all on it's own. Select some text and hit Ctrl+Shift+A (PC) and you'll see all the text turn to caps. Unfortuantely when you click out, it all reverts to it's original format. Apparently this happens because of some code conflict, but it's a bit of a grey area.

So close!

Cheers,
Link.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Link wrote:
Orbit Solutions used to have an add-on that changed case.
Yup that was it. The suite also had a nice align feature.
Link wrote:
Select some text and hit Ctrl+Shift+A (PC) and you'll see all the text turn to caps. Unfortuantely when you click out, it all reverts to it's original format
Impressive depth of knowledge as usual Link!! Thanks

Personally, my thought is that this basic kind of functionality should be hardwired into the software rather than handled via API.