Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Change between Tabs via Numbers

snow
Mentor
Hello everybody,

to navigate more quickly to certain tabs I think it was helpful, if they could be chosen by its number… like in internet-browsers today.
ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
snow wrote:
Hello everybody,

to navigate more quickly to certain tabs I think it was helpful, if they could be chosen by its number… like in internet-browsers today.

I am not saying it wouldn't be a handy extra way to navigate tabs, but how do you know what number they are?
By the time you count, you may as well just click on the tab you want?
And there can be more tabs than you can see on the screen.
Surely just clicking a tab is much the same speed as typing CTRL+number?

You can CTRL+TAB to scroll through tab bar in order (CTRL+SHIFT+TAB goes backwards).
Also in 24 there is a TAB Preview button (first button in tab bar) that shows a preview of all open tabs and allows you to select one.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
snow
Mentor
At least on my iMac with OS 11 switching from tab to tab goes very slowly.
Almost for everything could be set a short key in Archicad. We use it because it's generally faster than moving with the mouse cross the whole screen every time.

With a hand full or a bit more tabs the overview doesn't go lost (even it was very nice, that with every tab was shown its number…)
There are some tabs i have to address very often (like the one with the layout) at least the number of this one I will remember very quickly.
ARCHICAD for Future

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10