Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Changed Translator Setting Should Prompt for New Name!

Thomas Holm
Booster
Today, if I change a setting in a DWG translator and close it, it's saved with the translator and will be used next time, even though I might have intended the change to be for the current session only. The close button reads "Save Settings and Close" but that is not enough!

I want a changed setting to always trigger a prompt for a new name for the translator. I should be able to overwrite the old translator if I like, but that should not be the default! This prompt would alert me to the fact that the setting will change more than the current translation.

Now, it's too easy to change a pre-configured translator by mistake. If I want a temporary change only, I need to first duplicate the current translator to a temp name and then change it. It should be the other way around!

(A CAD manager is of course able to lock the translator files against change in the file system)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Thomas!
I totally agree with you! Can you please tell me how I (as being the CAD manager here) can LOCK the translator files!
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK. I figured it out! Thanks for tip!