Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Cladding tool

alemanda
Advocate
In the age of BIM it would be essential to have a cladding tool.

The composite structure seems to be a little bit restrictive ... in fact most of the time claddings do not follow the same levels of the wall ... so you need to have plaster until a certain level, than need to have ventilated facade, and so on ... so your cladding elements have no relation with the wall in terms of heights ...
So I would intend the cladding tool as nothing more than a function that bond together a wall to other elements such as walls, beams, columns ...
- moving the wall all the other things move also
- you put an opening on the wall and also the same opening appears in the bonded parts are

It would be like a composite structure but defined on-the-fly and made of different elements (wall+wall, wall+beam, wall+column, wall+morph, etc) ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Like the Cadimage Coverings tool?
http://www.cadimage.com/Tools/Coverings
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
alemanda
Advocate
Yes, I know it but never used.
Anyway it's a good starting point.
I imagine a function that let us use the ordinary archicad elements, which are always faster than every object, and just bond together on the fly on the need ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it