Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Color Picker in Windows 10

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I just got a windows box after years of MAC... when in the materials editor and trying to choose a surface color, the dialog box gets cutoff...

Admittedly this is happening because I'm running 4k on a 28" monitor and have to SCALE UP THE TEXT to 150% to read it!

But seems like there should be some accommodation for this.

Seems also like this might be a SYSTEM (window10) dialog... so there may be nothing ArchiCAD can do about it.
If it were a RESIZEABLE window, maybe???
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
2 REPLIES 2
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

you are right, that is a system dialog, and there's not much we can do about it. But actually, the scaling should work just fine with ARCHICAD 22. Just make sure that the only setting you have applied is the scaling, and you haven't applied an override to the ARCHICAD.exe (with Right click on ARCHICAD.exe>Properties>Compatibility>Override hDPI scaling) - that can mess things up.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
That was UNCHECKED....

I'm actually trying to ENGAGE it and see what happens..

Voila! This "seems" to work. I can now see all the colors and the numeric entry and the OK button (which all got clipped previously...

It's like the UPSIZING affected all the pieces inside the box, but did not increase the overall box size... so they got clipped...

By OVERRIDING in the PROPERTIES dialog, it now shows the entire box..

Thanks!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop