BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Column wraps - 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to me to be a common commercial construction occurrence to have a concrete column which is wrapped at and below a suspended ceiling with furring or studs and drywall. Above the suspended ceiling it typically does not have this wrap. The basic column tool should facilitate modeling of this common occurrence.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
It's a workaround which yields two elements that need to be grouped, or at least managed as a unit - but is it satisfactory to model the shorter skin as a complex profile column which is hollow in the middle to allow for the actual structural column? You then have control over the height of each, and can even define the skin-column as a 'finish' allowing partial structure display options to hide it (rather than using a separate layer)...?

K
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think there's no accounting for what people wish, myself included.

There are several ways to handle the column wrap task with AC14 as it is now, without requiring any additional programming.
Learn and get certified!