Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Complex Profile as a pattern... like custom fills...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I wish I could specify in the wall, column tool definitions if a complex profile could be stretched or tiled...

So... When I changed the dimension of the column section, wall height, beam section, etc... it would repeat the complex profile as a pattern... like a custom fill...

It would be very useful for corrugated panels or wall framing when you have a repeated pattern along the section...

and with this feature, complex profiles could finally be applied to roofs!

I guess its too late for AC13... Maybe AC14. 😉
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Could this be set up as an additional "straight-on" view attached window, next to the profile window, where an element fill could be drawn that has a spacing/spread distance associated with it, to be placed along extruded complex profile fill?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Lec,

I think it would be better setup in the tool definition... (Wall, Column, etc...)

Next to the complex profile button there could be four more parameters...

First for the method: Stretch/Tile... another two for the X and Y spacing... and finally a rotation along the axis.

This way, the profile manager wouldn't be changed, and we could apply this in an element basis... which IMO is a more productive way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Braza
Your understanding of this program and the issue you brought up are definitely deeper than mine.
So I'll go with your concept, because it certainly sounds good.
Thanks